There’s just something about relaxing over something too late for breakfast and kind of early in the day for lunch…I’m not sure what it is, but I know that the mysterious goodness is loved by pretty much everyone! It’s such a blessing to share with friends and family-no matter the occasion.
Hope your Sunday had one to chat & chew over, and that the day is filled with that good ‘ol “Sunday-Make-It-Last-Forever” feeling.
There’s some brussels sprouts roasting in my oven that are makin’ me drool, so I’ll share the recipe (in case you’ve got some room after your brunch for ’em 🙂 ) Enjoy! (These are R’s fav, I warn you now, they won’t last long! LOL)
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- About 20 sprouts, outer leaves removed, stems trimmed and cut in half
(if you’re adventuresome, add some fresh green beans, cauliflower, cubed butternut squash, broccoli…whatever you love that’s on hand. Firm veggies work best)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (just a couple Tbsp)
- Herbes de Provence (sprinkle liberally to taste)
- S & P (fresh cracked and to taste)
- Fresh thyme or dried thyme (to taste as well)
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Combine your veggies, olive oil, spices in a heavy rectangular baking dish. (The stoneware kind seem to roast it best)
- Mix them around to get everybody a little greasy…if you add broccoli, now’s the time to turn the tops downward so they don’t scorch. The rest will be cool. I don’t know why, but cauliflower doesn’t scorch like that.
- Bake at 425 for 35 minutes (or until they are roasted to your liking)
- Devour! Great on salads, as a side for any meat, or by themselves.
Much love to you and the fam! More later! XO